Why can’t I post on my Facebook Timeline?
There is no network issue or Facebook bug, many people are giving you this answer, so I am saying that because I have tried this on more than one devices ( ie. Facebook web page and Facebook android app ) and it is not working,
- Even I don’t know why this is happening,
- But I think some of my friends are reporting all my posts
- I guess he is my classmate and he is hardcore left winger
Either you don’t have permission, or you have a problem somewhere between you and the website. could be your computer, your network, your vpn or proxy or tunnel, or it could be a temporary glitch or a more permanent and serious bug.
- Step 1. check your device(s) for any technical problems, any virus or worm or other malware.
- Step 2. check your internet connection and any way you use to connect to facebook.
- 3th step check your account’s status and permissions and settings.
worst-case scenario: contact facebook support and tell them your problem. to save yourself a lot of time, assume this is the case and email them first, so that they can already start processing your message before you even go through all those steps.
Naturally, they prefer if you do the steps first, but you have every right to inform them right away with all the relevant details you can share with them clearly, and so you should.
Here’s what I did:
- In the Help Center, click on “Timeline”
- Scroll down to “Bugs & Unknown Issues”
- At the bottom of that page, there is a statement that says: “If the issue you’re experiencing isn’t listed above, please ‘tell us more’ <–Click on the “tell us more”
- A screen says, Report an issue with timeline, click “other” Add your subject and/or details then click send.
- This is only how I reported it to Facebook so they know there is a problem
It’s best that you send some sort of report to Facebook telling them that you cannot post on your own timeline. I have never heard of this so I am not sure.
Do you have two accounts? Did you get mixed up as to the one you were truly logged in to? That can happen.
Hit the 3 dots under your cover page and check your settings to see what is happening. I suspect you are logged in as someone else and don’t know it.
Why can’t I post on my Facebook Timeline?
The short answer is: Not because Facebook is blocking you.
Having said that – there are a myriad of reasons why you can’t post. From something as simple as network lag-time, your computer cache needs to be cleared out ASAP, or the most common answer of all – Facebook is experiencing some kind of issue – and cannot respond to everyone to tell them this.
There is a site called downdetector dot com (not sure if I’m allowed to share URLs here) – it’s a pretty good site for figuring out why you are having problems.
It has a section for Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Gmail, etc, etc, etc…Always try to look for an outside answer first before blaming yourself or Facebook. 🙂
This one is a mindtwister. Would need to know more details to give you a straight answer but let me read some answers you already received.
Well, they are all good answers but it is hard for me to believe FB will block you from posting on your own wall. Unless you’re promoting hate, blablabla, that goes against their rules but they will tell you so.
So Let’s start with that, go to feed, on the right, (am talking PC) on the right there is a down arrow, click on that go to settings, click on that now on the left go to support inbox. click on it let’s see if there is a ban and for how long it will say there.
- Let’s assume you are clean in there no bans, nothing,
- log out, log back in and try it, let’s assume nothing.
- Open a different browser log in try to post, let’s assume nothing.
- clear all your cookies, open browser log in, let’s assume nothing.
click on I hope you have windows click on it (the windows sign or search bar at the lower left of your screen) type cdm. open it with administrative privilege.
A black small screen will show up, type in (ipconfig /flushdns) once is done restart pc log in nothing. grab your cell phone, log in try to post, nothing.
If you cant Post its Possible Facebook may have Temporary Blocked you from Posting if thats the Situation you have to Wait til the Block is over Before you can Post to your Facebook Again.
This can’t be possible. What issue are you exactly facing? There must be some technical or internet related issue. In any case, Facebook will not restrict you to post on your timeline.
- If this is happening to you.
- It’s most likely Facebook has temporarily put you in jail.
- You might want to wait for some days and try it again and everything should be fine.
check your device(s) for any technical problems, any virus or worm, or other malware. Now, check your internet connection, and anyway you use to connect to Facebook.
check your account’s status and permissions and settings. either you don’t have permission, or you have a problem somewhere between you and the website.
I hope this helps.
Can you share some more details or screenshots so that I can help you?
Why can’t I post on my Facebook?