I don’t know what to do with my life?
If you’re already thinking about questions like this one, it means you are mature enough to understand that you need to have goals in life.
- Goals give you a greater sense of purpose so you don’t find yourself in situations where you’re wondering if life is really worth it.
- Friends, Goals enable you to be in the driver’s seat of your life journey so you feel proactive about how you live your life.
- Goals ensure that you make the most of each day instead of wasting it and forgetting the importance of maximizing those 24 hours.
So how do you set goals that are right for you?
Idea #1. You’ll need to identify your passion.
- First, write a list of all activities that you most enjoy doing. It can include anything you’ve done in the past year, or five or ten years, or even back when you were younger. Be sure to list everything you can think of, even if the list starts getting long.
- Next, select the top 5 things that get you the most excited when you do them. Take your time to pick your top five. Don’t rush this part.
- Then, from your top 5 things, select 3 that you cannot imagine your life without ten or twenty years from now. To make this task easier, think about your why — what is the personal connection you have to a particular activity, subject matter, or hobby?
Idea #2. You’ll also need to think about your skills.
- Start by writing down your current skill set. What are you really good at, what do you excel in, what is a skill that you’ve worked on developing for a long time and that you devoted a lot of years to?
- Next, write down which skills you are working on right now. Here you’ll write everything that’s currently in progress — learning a new language, taking a class in personal finance, or starting a fitness routine to get more fit. What are the activities that you are working on consistently?
- Finally, write down the things you consider to be your core strengths, and that have helped you achieve tangible results in the past. This could be areas of your personal or professional life such as awards you received, top grades you earned in school, public or professional recognition of some sort that you accomplished, etc.
Idea #3. You’ll match up your passions to your skills and strengths.
- Starting with your list of the top 3 things you’re most passionate about, find which skills and strengths you can pair them up with. For example, if your passion is learning languages, match the passion up with your self-discipline, your past performance in getting an A in a language course, your time management skills that enabled you to create an effective study plan, and so on.
- Be optimistic about the progress you can make. This is very important. If you’re going to create a vision about your life, you should maintain a growth mindset when it comes to consistently working on what’s important to you. Always have a can-do attitude that you can develop your skillset as long as you do it consistently and you put in your best effort.
- Be realistic about the time it will take. Yes, it’s important to be optimistic, but you shouldn’t lose touch with reality. For example, don’t expect to run a marathon without getting into shape first. Or, don’t think that it’s going to take one weekend to become a professional photographer. Becoming a master at something does require time. Be prepared to put in the hard work and practice getting better every day.
Idea #4. You’ll create a specific, goal-oriented, and actionable plan.
- Be specific in what you’ve decided to do that feels like your true calling. Write down the top 1–3 areas where your top passions and skill set intersect. These will be your target areas where you’ll focus your energy.
- Create a concrete goal for each area. What would you like to accomplish in one month, 6 months, or a year? Write down the goal for each area, and give yourself a deadline for each one. For example, if you’re learning a new language, write, “My goal is getting to know another culture better. I want to be able to have a basic conversation in [my target language] and know the alphabet by [specific date].
- Make an actionable plan. Create a monthly plan and divide up each week so that every day you have a chunk of time to focus on the things you’ve identified. The key is to be consistent — make sure to devote some time each day to work towards your goals. If you believe you don’t have enough time, start with 15 minutes to work on a small task. Once you get into the habit, it will be easier to increase the time to 30 minutes, and then an hour.
Idea #5. You’ll celebrate each step of your progress.
- Acknowledge every step you take in a positive direction. Why is this important? You should be mindful of all the energy you’re devoting to pursuing the goals you’ve identified. It’s not a small thing — take pride in what you’re doing!
- Give yourself space to course-correct. Once a week, make an assessment of how you’re doing so far. You can write this as an exercise. Ask yourself, What’s working well so far? Is there an area where I’m wasting time and how can I improve? Then change your strategy and do things a little differently for the week ahead.
- Treat yourself by doing something you find enjoyable. Spend an evening out with friends, go on a long bike ride, or set aside an uninterrupted hour to read a novel. Yes, it’s important to stay on track and measure your progress, but don’t forget the rewards — each one is a small way of saying, thank you for taking care of the future me!
I don’t know what to do with my life?
If you are felling this: I don’t know what to do with my life, then read it properly.
- bored with life.
- Depressed and frustrated.
- No FRIEND to share your feelings.
- Want to Quit Life.
So you wish to have a GF?
I feel you are in a state of thinking that all the solutions to your problems will come to an end when you get a Girlfriend.
It is very wrong on your part in doing so since you are not happy, but your thinking some other person will be there to make you happy and cheer for you.
But,if you fail to make her happy another additional problem would be added to your issue list. Later you would ultimately quit from the Game of Life forever.
No one in this world can make you happy not even your Girlfriend.You are the key to your happiness and all she could do is stay beside you.
Learn to Love yourself
Hug yourself every day and say “I love myself” by watching the mirror while starting your day!!
Make yourself Feel Special.
Then only you can give love to others and make them happy.
A person who loves thyself is automatically loved by others too. Don’t you think?
Let’s handle your issues…
Solutions to issues:-
- If your life is boring try making it interesting by working over your hobbies and dreams. Try doing things which you wished for. Come out of your comfort zone then only you could see the real wonders of Life.
- Have a habit of running outside early in the morning. Your physical body and brain need more oxygen. Thus all the toxic thoughts are erased.
- Always develop a habit of eliminating negative thoughts in Life. Live only in the present and keep your mind focused which will ultimately help you achieve your goals.
- Don’t have good friends to share your feelings? Then share your issues with family members like either your mom, Dad, or fellow siblings. If your not comfortable try out your cousins or other relatives whom you could trust.
- Quitting? Is a very easy solution. Try to face your issues in life by being strong. Believe that some good will happen. Stop comparing your life with other fellow beings. You have your own destiny written. Stay Strong!!
I don’t know what to do with my life
I don’t know what to do with my life
First of all same pinch for the number you got there 23 eh! 23 the age where some of the friends are seriously getting committed, some working in a well-known company and the age where some of us feel misplaced!
So before answering let me tell you why you should listen to me. Right now I am in my home town giving my back papers of B.Com. I go every day straight to the examination hall and return back. I am three years behind in my education.
A little back story for this: I was diagnosed with cancer in 2011 and 2014. My cancer treatment took more than almost 1 and a half years to complete each time.
I was under treatment in Mumbai and was very weak during the treatment so couldn’t appear for exams. So a total of three years’ loss. I underwent a very big surgery, became blind in one eye, and its almost 2 and a half years now I am without hair.
So was I depressed? Of course, I was.
Did I have friends? I had but none around at that time as I was in Toronto.
Did I have a boyfriend? Are you kidding me :-p you don’t expect someone to fall in love with a bald-headed, weak, and half-blind girl?
Did I wish to quit? You bet!!
But did I actually quit? Hell no! and I can’t tell you how glad I am today that I didn’t.
To be honest I loath you people. You healthy little dumb people. Do you know what you possess? Do you realize how much I and many people right now are wishing to have the health you have?
I remember a quote from my school book “ If wealth is lost nothing is lost if health is lost something is lost”
That something is everything I need right now and that something is everything you have right now.
Step out, friend! Step out of that little zone of yours which thinks you need good friends to be happy, which thinks you need a girl-friend to be interesting! Start living for yourself. Start learning new stuff, start being active.
This is what I did (while I was recovering)
- I joined an NGO named Upasana soon after my treatment. My first event was a drawing event organized for the cerebral palsy patients at a Ngo Adhaar located in Badlapur. Oh! I can’t explain to you the motivation and positive energy that the trip gave me. Being surrounded by more than 50people effected with cerebral palsy I was shaken from my deep-rooted apathy.
I suggest you Join a Ngo or visit an old-age home or an orphanage and find out how lucky you are!
- I stopped feeling sorry for myself and realized that I have everything to start.
- Friends, I didn’t wait for anyone to be good to me or complete me. Now I completed myself.
- I stopped expectations from everyone except myself.
- I decided to first attempt all my back papers and improve my writing skills( my new found interest)
Friends, I still don’t know what to do with myself further ahead. I haven’t got any extra-ordinary talent either but I somehow am confident in myself. I dream of the days when I will be perfectly healthy. Friends, I am waiting to be unleashed. But what are you waiting for?
Go explore your life, be your person. Start right now. Come out of your zone. Girl-friend isn’t a priority. Right now you should be your priority.
P.S. The more you concentrate on being better and being yourself, the sooner everything will fall in place.
I don’t know what to do with my life
Searches related to I don’t know what to do with my life
I’m 30 and don’t know what to do with my life
I don’t know what to do with my life Reddit
Why I don’t know what to do with my life quotes
I don’t know what to do with my life career
I don’t know what to do with my life anymore
Friends, I don’t know what to do with my life after high school
I don’t know what to do with my life quiz
I don’t know what to do with my life and I’m scared